Tuesday, October 26, 2010

T4 Gear

Don't leave home without one!

Did you have any form of Identification on you this morning when you went for a ride/run/surf/swim? I dare say most of you will say no. At the beginning of the year I went out early for my an unusual MTB ride. I didn't wake the family, I snuck out the door at 4.30am and hit trail that not many people know about. Coming back down the trail, I hit a large rock and went over the handle bars, landing very hard and cracking my helmet on a boulder. Slightly shaken I got up, dusted myself off and headed home...

I wonder if anyone would of found me if I was knocked out? I wonder if they did find me, how they would let my family know I was injured and in hospital?

RoadID is a product which I have used ever since, I never leave home without it. Basically the ID carries your emergency contact details and any urgent medical advice. They come in a heap of fashionable styles and colours, you can order them as a wrist, ankle or laces band or dog tags. I prefer mine as a Livestrong yellow wrist band, its one of those things that goes on every run.

If you don't carry any ID on - spend the $30 bucks and order yourself a Road ID. Its a small insurance policy and peace of mind for the family when you are out there living the dream.


Craig Alexander tells you so :)


Be safe on the roads

No comments:

Post a Comment